Saturday 23 December 2017

Shower from the Nature " SNOW"

Morning i got a call from my Co-volunteer Shilpa, her voice mixed with lot of happiness and excitement she said " Aishu, please come out side, there is snowing". Immediately with all curiosity i ran out but there was no snow fall, Then only i realized that i was not in Bensheim but in Münster with my host sister. From the time we arrived Germany, the only question we four volunteers used to ask was "When it is going to snow?". Many of them said that it won't snow so early in the place where I live. But now breaking all these statements God showered snow for us. But unfortunately at that time i was not in my place,that was a big disappointment for me. The whole day with my host sister in Münster big Christmas market I was hoping that there had be snow. Since I never seen it before I kept saying to Rosa. Oh my God! It better to be snowing here also! I 'm going to be so sad and mad if i didn't see snow fall. But all the time she comfort me with hopeful words.


The same day evening i started my way back to Bensheim by train, all the way to my home I prayed to God when I reaching there some snows should be there. I started to push the time to run fast. But suddenly the train has stopped. All the passengers were seems like tensed, as I didn't understand the announcement which they made in the train as it was in German. I asked the girl who sat beside me. What she said was very shocking for me " One man crossed railway track while the train was running  (Committed Suicide)". I felt very bad to be there in the train, I felt like I am in the hell. They announced that after clearing whole track only they will start. It will take five hours. Oh my God! I can't explain my feelings through words. It was really a tragic journey. One side I had hard feeling for the man who committed suicide, other side I felt I m very unlucky that i couldn't see snow fall.

As it was midnight I didn't get any connection train to Frankfurt. My host mother talked with the girl who sat beside me in the whole journey. As she informed me that you can come with her till Zwingenburg I will be waiting there. A great thanks to my host mother and the unknown passenger. In the early morning I reached Zwingenburg. My host mother was waiting for me there. When I get down from the car Oh my God I can't believe that Yes its SNOWING!!! The scenery changed from green to pure white and I was filled with such bliss. To see something for the first time is to see something in its purest and most childlike form of beauty.

Having lived in south part of India all my life where there is sun and rainy season were covered me all year round, the only time that I have seen snow in the movies and n the theme park (Artificial Snow). As I never been in the north part of India in the winter season, I never experienced it.








The first fall of snow is not only a seasonal change, but also a magical event. When I went to bed last night where I experienced one kind of world and wake up in another. Quite different mesmerizing feeling. It was my first shower of snow from the God. Early morning when everyone were sleeping in my home I enjoyed the white beauty. While I m sitting in my garden at 3.30 am,the snow began to fall again, drifting against windows, politely touching earth and then falling with disappointment to the ground. It was really cold outside. Every step I take feel like I'm crunching the snow below my boots. That reminds me my boots are not good for snow, since the snow can seep in and melt on my feet. Then, after the first steps I realized how slippery it is and forced myself to remember to be really careful while walking. Everything was covered in white flakes, it was so magical. Within hours all vehicles had their first layer of snow. Everything was white streets, cars, plants. I was amused to see a couple of kids trying to slide down using the snow sled.

Myself and my Co-volunteers in Naturschuttzentrum spend our half of the day in the snow world. We were found a great joy by throwing snowballs at each others and by making snow man. I felt like I was five years old again.

Since it is the first snow of the winter, It is not a very thick snow and unfortunately , the snow didn't last too long and by the afternoon the snow fall has stopped and the white slowly melted away, mixing with dirt in the ground and becoming a brownish slush.

Snow clearing machines were soon out on the street, clearing the main roads and drive ways, pushing the snow aside. Vehicles were driving more cautiously than ever, to avoid skidding. 

Still waiting for seeing other day of white beauty......!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment