Monday 18 December 2017

First Touch of the Snow


The snow I know is from the movies I watched or the cartoons I loved.  Seeing snow was always in my wish list but didn't know when it would be fulfilled. From the time we arrived Germany, the only question we use to ask was - 'when is it going to snow?  Will we be able to see the snow?'

Many said it won't snow so early in the place where we stay. I didn't loose my hopes as I thought if snow doesn't reach our place then I will surely reach where the snow falls. But not less than a miracle, the first advent for me began with seeing the snow. Sitting in my bathroom when I watched out, to my shock there was snow falling down.  I felt like God switched on his machine and sprayed his showers of blessings on us. 




I got ready for church and went out of the house to experience my first touch of snow. I truly didn't even feel the cold as I was overheated inside with joy. No words could express my happiness. After the church was over,  the snow was all around like the world around me became white. The next thing I did was calling everyone in India especially my family and friends to show them too the snow that I see.  Selfies, pictures and videos were the only thing I was taking on the way back home.




Then I decided to go to the zwingenburg family (where two of the volunteers stay) and that was the beginning of doing all the things I ever wanted to do in the snow.  I got my partner, Paula (my four year old friend). She taught me to make snow angels and together we build the snow man. The best part was while building the snow man, the only song which was running in my mind was "Can we build a snow man" from the movie Frozen and was imagining Olaf while building it.


The next part was having a snow ball fight in which I and Paula made a team against her Mumma and Evelin Akka (my Co -volunteer). I cannot express the happiness I gained doing every single activity.

From childhood the only white thing which I knew in a Christmas tree was cotton and today when I see snow on the trees, it's truly a treat for my eyes.


We four have different experiences from the first touch of snow and indeed this was my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment